MITRE Tee - NavyRegular price $25.00
Our Mitre Peak tee in navy/copper, New Zealand’s most photographed peak. Our interpretation captures the distinctive peak within it's home, the Milford Sound.
About Mitre Peak / Rahotu:
Rising above stunning Milford Sound is Mitre Peak, at 1692m above sea level it’s distinctive formation makes for one of the most photographed mountain ranges in New Zealand. The distinctive shape of the peak in southern New Zealand gives the mountain its name, after the Mitre headwear of Christian bishops. It was named in English by Captain John Lort Stokes, the Maori name for the peak is Rahotu.
Part of the reason for its iconic status is its location. Close to the shore of Milford Sound, in the south-western South Island, it is a stunning sight. The mountain rises near vertically to 1,692 m, i.e. just over a mile, from the water of Milford Sound. The peak is actually a closely grouped set of five peaks, with Mitre Peak not even the tallest one, however from most easily accessible viewpoints, Mitre Peak appears as a single point. The road access to Milford Sound is via State Highway 94, in itself one of the most scenic roads in New Zealand.
About our Tee:
When choosing our signature tee range we hunted high and low, determined to find the perfect tee, we purchased as many different tees as we could find, washed them, wore them and washed them again, generally gave them a bit of a hard time. We ended up with one clear winner, by far the best tee shirt we found, we’d say one of the best cotton tees available in NZ. We know it's a big call but you wait till you put it on. Mid weight comfort and buttery softness due to its enzyme wash during manufacture combined with the 100% ring spun combed cotton.
The Mitre Peak Tee comes in a Classic Fit, a relaxed, yet not baggy fit.
- Mid weight 183 g/m²
- 100% Combed Ring Spun Cotton
- Enzyme wash fabric for an ultra smooth finish
- Shoulder-to-shoulder tape and seamed collar for all day comfort
- Clean double-needle sleeve and bottom hems
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certified
- T-Shirt made in Bangladesh
- Artwork designed in New Zealand
- Screen printed in New Zealand
- We recommending washing inside out in cold water with a quality detergent.
- To maintain the quality screen print we suggest air drying naturally, were possible avoiding tumble dryers
- The cotton fabric has been pre-washed to pre-shrink the fabric before first wear