MNTN takes its obligations in relation to the privacy of your personal information seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
MNTN collects personal information in order to conduct its business, including to provide and market its products and related services to you and to meet our legal obligations. Our team is aware of our commitment to protect the privacy of your information and the importance of following this policy.
As always we value your feedback and ideas.
Scope of this policy
Collection of Personal Information
How does MNTN collect personal information?
We will only collect information about you in a lawful and fair way and for purposes directly related to our business activities. It is our usual practice to collect personal information in the course of providing services to our customers, either directly online, when you:
- become a MNTN customer;
- complete an online form or 'Contact Us' on our website;
- set up an online account;
- interact with us or post any material on social media pages;
- purchase a MNTN Gift Voucher;
- enter a MNTN promotion, event, sponsored event or competition;
- contact us by email, mail, telephone or online;
- give us your details for returns, refunds, warranty or any other purpose;
- apply for employment with us.
We may collect personal information about you from a third party or publicly available source, but only if you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information this way.
What kind of personal information does MNTN collect?
The type of personal information MNTN collects and holds includes (but is not limited to):
- contact details (including physical address, email address and phone number),
- purchase history,
- personal preferences in connection with our products;
- website information about your visits to our sites including the time and duration of views, paths taken through our sites and the internet address from which you linked to our sites;
- other information you supply to us.
Use of Personal Information
MNTN uses your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide and market our business and products to you, whether directly or through third party websites;
- to communicate with you, including sending you promotional material or information about MNTN and inviting you to participate in competitions, events or research;
- to identify when, how and on which subjects you want to communicate with MNTN and to consider what products and/or services related to these products you might be interested in;
- to let you know about any product or program of any other business that we are partnering with;
- to allow us to personalise our website, our communications and interactions and/or products and/or services related to those products to you;
- to answer your queries and deliver customer service to you;
- to consider any application for employment made by you;
- to help manage and enhance our product offering;
- to research interest in all or particular products and services on our websites;
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- to meet our legal obligations;
- to carry out internal functions including training, market research and analysis;
- for security purposes in relation to its business; and
- for any other purpose we advise to you at the time we collect your personal information or to which you subsequently agree.
How will MNTN contact you?
MNTN may use a number of ways of contacting you, including SMS, mail, digital messaging, telephone or email. We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. Should you not wish to receive any of these types of communication from MNTN, you can update your preferences, including to unsubscribe from communications, at any time.
Disclosure and storage of personal information
Any personal information you provide is collected and managed by MNTN. We understand the trust you place in us, and the importance of your personal information and we have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure appropriate use of information.
Personal details will only be used by MNTN and will not be sold to any third party at any stage.
If we provide personal information to our contracted service providers or suppliers we require those suppliers to preserve the confidential nature of such information and agree to use that information only to fulfil that purpose on our behalf and for the purpose for which it was provided, and not to retain the details once that purpose has been fulfilled.
How to update your information & unsubscribe
MNTN endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. MNTN encourages you to contact us to update any personal information held by MNTN about you. You can seek access to your personal information at any time, and we will provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving it to you. You can seek to correct your details held by MNTN by contacting MNTN's Privacy Officer. We are committed to dealing with all queries in a prompt, professional and open manner.
If you subscribe to a mailing list that we maintain, you can ask us to remove you from that list at any time by using the unsubscribe facility, or sending us an e-mail with your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with that request as soon as we reasonably can. However you understand that sometimes we may have begun distributing a mail-out before we can process that request, and in those circumstances you might still receive that mail-out.
Cookies and web monitoring
MNTN may also use software to broadly locate you in the correct part of the world or within a geographic range of a transmitting device so we may deliver information on MNTN products and services relevant to your country, geographic location or part of the world.
Social media and other third party websites
MNTN uses a number of social media services and/or platforms including Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. These services may be linked to our websites through the use of social media buttons. Your use of these third party services in relation to MNTN is entirely optional.
- images relating to MNTN or MNTN products;
- text with reference to MNTN or MNTN products;
- anything related to MNTN by use of a hashtag;
- anything related to promotions, events that you put on social media;
- anything related to MNTN by way of a comment or tag on one of our social media platforms;
If you have accessed other third party websites through our websites and if the operators of those third party websites collect information about you, we may also collect, have or purchase access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties.
Where you access a third party website from our websites, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided may be shared between us and the third party based on an arrangement that MNTN has with those third parties. You usually cannot be identified from the information that is shared. If you can be identified from this information, we will seek your consent before sharing the information.
MNTN may also use payment services provided by third parties necessary to provide you with our products and services.
Third party websites should contain their own privacy statements. MNTN is not responsible for the services provided by the operators of those third party websites. If you do not want to provide personal information to any of those third parties, or make information publicly available, you should not use their particular service.
It's your Personal Information that we collect and you have certain rights with respect to it. You have the right to:
- know what personal information we hold about you;
- request a copy of your personal information and we will provide you with a copy in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated;
- object to us processing your personal information in any way;
- request that your personal information be transferred to another business;
- ask that we delete your personal information;
- not be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
If you wish to get in touch with us to exercise these rights, or over anything to do with your personal information at all, you simply need to email the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Complaints and contact information